Friday 23 October 2009

Summer In The City- Friday.

I know this is long, LONG overdue but here is my story from Summer in the City.
So after a long night of travel, Julie, Micky and I arrived in London at about six o'clock in the morning. We headed to the underground and luckily we were an hour early so rush hour was yet to happen. We got to the hostel, which was luckily only about a two minute walk from the underground, and tried to check in. Easier said than done. I was talking to the receptionist when she asked someone I wasn't expecting: "Can I see your passport please" Now at this point two things were going through my mind: 1. OOOHH SHIT! 2. I'm gonna kill Cara for not mentioning I needed a passport. On the plus side we were allowed to use different forms of I.D to check in, and the bad side? We couldn't get into the room until the other three people got here, and they weren't coming to the hostel first they were going straight to the gathering. So we had the joys of sitting around with nothing to do for the next four hours! Joy. I was literately falling asleep in the lounge so I jumped in for a shower, and had to get dried and clothed in the small cubicle, which was rather hard.

Anyway we headed out and walked along the Thames, drawing on trees that had wallpaper on them so people could leave messages. It weird, right now, someone is reading "Youtube was here" on a tree. We heading over to the Jubilee Gardens and saw a small clutter of people, so we headed over and asked "Are you 'tubers?" thank jebus they answered yes or that would've been embarrassing. More and more youtubers arrived and we all buzzed about saying hi and getting everyone to sign out SITC publications. It was soo weird seeing everyone in 3D instead of on a computer screen. At that point a flash of purple caught my eye and I looked around to see the very person I wanted to see. "SHANNON!" I screamed and started bolting towards her, as her eyes lit up after seeing it was me. It was amazing being able to actually hug a friend from another continent! A little while we split into separate groups for the tours, and off we went.

Walking along I managed to meet alot of lovely new friends, including another Canadian girl called Shannon (weird huh?). So we went to the Tate Modern, then headed offer the bridge that gets destroyed in Harry Potter, to St Paul's Cathedral and then up to leicester square. We got lost on the way and all the while I was on the phone to Lewis, telling him where to go but luckily we found him and Spencer at leicester square. We all split up to go get some food and Lewis, Micky, Julie and I headed to Mcdonalds, where Julie and I grossed out Micky by eating our chips with marshmallow fluff. As we were leaving we ran into another group of tubers like Alexthemagix, Who was about the nicest guy I've ever met, and Gary (Cheektv)and we chatted to them a little before heading out. The next while was spent in the grass square of leicester square chatting and such before the heavens opened and forced us under trees and crammed under umbrellas, which was kinda funny.

We completed the tour when they rain stopped and made it to Big Ben before the rain came back twice as hard. We made it to the arcade near the London Eye before deciding to head back to the hostel. Now checking into the hostel was the most stressful thing EVER!! I don't want to go into detail but I had to check our whole group in and get their ID while sneaking a 7th person into our room. So pretty stressful. So sitting calm and snugg in our room we were able to relax at last. Lewis and I headed out for a walk and had a nice little chat before heading back and into the bar for a while. Then off to bed to sleep for the first time in about over 24 hours.

Saturday coming soon.

You Know You Love Me XOXO

1 comment: